My sweet friend Laura shared a delicious gluten free apple crisp on her Instagram one day and I had to try it! She has a fun food blog, Cook It Pretty, go check it out! I added peanut butter to mine because, peanut butter makes everything better!
As I was looking for something yummy to bring to one of the fun pot luck parties over the holidays this looked new, fun and best of all, simple!! Plus, I could actually eat it! With all my food allergies I get really excited when that rare combination happens!
It’s not exactly healthy, unless you consider butter and sugar healthy! But sometimes you have to channel your inner Julia Child and go with it! Feel free to tell yourself the cinnamon, peanut butter and apples totally count as healthy! 😉
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Apple Crisp:
2-3 Apples, diced
2 c. Gluten Free Oatmeal (don’t use steel cut oats, too hard to chew!)
1 stick butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
Sugar and Cinnamon to sprinkle
1/2 c. peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- preheat oven to 350*
- chop apples and spread in buttered baking dish, I used a glass pie pan
- sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over apples to taste, I love cinnamon so I heavily covered my apples
- mis oatmeal, softened butter, brown sugar and peanut butter in separate bowl
- spread oatmeal mix over apples
- bake for 30-40 minutes, until apples are soft and oatmeal is browned to a crisp perfectly golden color
- enjoy and try to save some for your husband!